Sunday, September 20, 2009

I was humbled today



I know this is a very funny video, but I want us to think about something. Take the thief and turn him into  situations in life or sin. Then take the car and turn that into ourselves. Now take the monkey in the back (which is awesome) and turn that into the church. Sometimes life hits us hard or just makes us loose focus on what is really important, sometimes it breaks into our window and tries to ruin us. The beautiful part about what the monkey did is what the church does for us sometimes. It helps us take back control, it helps us gain our focus back into the right direction and gets rid (or throws off a bridge) of the things that aren't good or that were messing up with.

Today at church I was humbled by  one of you, I am not going to mention names (but I will mention initials T.G.) this person came up to me and basically told me how sometimes on Thursday nights or Sunday mornings I am really focused on the "service" and I forget to take the time to chill with people and concentrate on what is important as well. Although preaching and making sure everything runs smoothly is a very important thing, spending time with people and knowing what is going on in their lives is just as important if not more important because it is the main reason why the church started in the bible. It was mainly about fellowship, accountability and encouragement.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Just as I might have lost some of my focus on something that is important at church, I wonder if some of you have ever done the same, when we come to church it should be about building one another up and growing in the Lord and then going out with that encouragement and letting people know about how Christ can change lives and the community and love that we share at church.

So my question to everyone is, when you come to church what is your focus?

In Him,

Brett


6 comments:

Anthony said...

Was it Tess? Those are her initials.

Z-Man said...

It may have been but her real initails are K.G. Her real name is Kasandra but she goes by her middle name Tess.

The Terminator said...

This video is funnay. every time i watch it i think of jeff dunham. he is a genious!

April Goglia said...

my real name is cassandra with a C lol but you were close so its C.G haha but yes it was me
in gods trust
CAssANDRA GoGLia
(a.k.a Tess)

Anthony said...

hahahahaha!!!! i freakin knew it!!!!!

Z-Man said...

me too. who else has the initials T.G.(C.G)