Tuesday, October 20, 2009

God Moving



I am so proud of you all, I keep hearing people telling me about praying with people and I keep getting prayer request from you about your friends. There are students giving people pieces of paper at their schools and they are writing down prayers to be prayed for. Prayer is so powerful, if you are one of these people keep it up, God is going to move and you will be a witness of it. But for everyone i want you to see how true prayer is.

Psalm 10:17

 17 You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted;
       you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,

Isaiah 58:9


 9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
       you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

Hebrews 10:22

22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Isaiah 65:24


 24 Before they call I will answer;
       while they are still speaking I will hear.

Luke 11:9-10


 9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

PRAISE GOD FOR THESE WORDS OF PROMISE!! You see prayer is so powerful, God tells us that He will listen, He tells us He will answer if He sees fit, He tells us that it will build us closer to Him, He tells us that he will comfort us in it. PRAISE GOD!.

Everyday I pray that God moves in Moreno Valley among the students and so do some of the leaders, and every thursday me and the creative team pray for students to step outside of their box and live a passionate life for God and to let the world know they are loved by God.

Right now some of you at landmark are passing out prayer request cards, some of you at march middle school started a bible study and 20 kids attend, you also pass out prayer request cards. At our youth group no kids are sitting alone, at our youth group kids are coming for the first time and I see some of you welcome them with open arms, at our youth group I have seen you crying with each other and praying with each other, at our youth group I see you raise your hands to God in worship to Him, not caring about what people think, at our youth group I went from preaching 10 minutes to 30 minutes and you have told me how you want more and how you love it. You are inviting your friends to youth group, you are making a change in your lives and in the lives of those around you. I SEE YOU DOING THIS!! PRAISE GOD I AM BROUGHT HUMBLY TO TEARS. and all this is a result of prayer and God working!

God is moving at discovery and He is moving at our schools, we can't miss out and we can't settle down, we need to be on fire and passionate about what He is doing. We can't let people around us mess up our progress and our heart for God. I know that a lot of you are scared to step out, but God loves you so much, and prayer is a great way to do so.

This Thursday I am so stoked, we are going to talk about God moving, and God is definately going to move, Bring people from your school, let them know they are loved by God. Let God work through you. Let your friends come who don't know the Lord and let them experience true love for the first time. PRAISE GOD!

Amen,

Brett

1 comment:

Leslieeee(: said...

thanks for all the support Brett.! you're awesome.