Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hospital



So some of you might be wondering where I was on sunday and monday for the landmark bible study. Sunday morning around 2 A.M. I woke up with insane chest pains, I thought i was on the verge of having a heart attack, so I woke Raquel up and we rushed the hospital. When we got there the doctors hooked me up to all these machines and monitored me and gave me a bunch of shots and we were there for about 9 hours. It was a very long night, sunday and monday was a blur for me because I still had the medicine in me. Now the doctors want to run a bunch of test to find out what caused all the pain.

As I was coming out of my daze from the hospital, I realized something. What if sunday morning the pain I experienced really was a heart attack and I passed away. It really made me appreciate my beautiful wife and the life that I have. It made a cool breath of air that I breathed in mean more to me. It also made me think "If I passed away sunday morning would I be proud of the life I have lived for the Lord when I would met Him or would I stand there ashamed" It really impacted me.

So here is my questions for you, and I really want you to think about this, we really don't know when we are going to die, we might think its not going to be for a long time, but what happened to me sunday morning at 2am could happen to any one of us and it could be fatal. We could be driving home and get in a car wreck and there we go. If you died today, would be you be ashamed of standing in front of God the way you have been acting lately or would you be proud?

After you answer your own question, think, how could you start living or what could you start doing in order to make God proud.

In Him,

Brett

P.s.
I really missed you all sunday and monday and I can't wait to see you tomorrow night, Which is going to be awesome by the way.

2 comments:

jennhoage said...

WOW!! I have never had that but it happened to Scott and might I say stop putting your wife through this.....not fun for anyone to have. I am glad your doing better and that it is amazing how everything you have and do it is turned to God! Great example for us all!!

Non Emo Kid/ Anthony said...

wow that's some crazy stuff. Hope you feel betta ::::D (Spider)