Friday, March 12, 2010

Letter from brandon


Dear Middle Schoolers,
Hey everyone, I hope and pray that this letter finds you all well. I miss you all very much but I know you are all doing great with staying on fire for God and for those of you who said you are praying for me (or will be praying for me), thank you. I truly believe now that God has me here in the Army for something big. I have already had the chance to share with people about God and 2 of them came to church today. God has also used me to help others though talk (counsel) and prayer. So much so that the guys here are all calling me either "Rev" or "Preacher" and its nice because so far they all seem to like me (and I them). Let all that continue to help you all and encourage you to know that God can and will use you whenever and wherever you are. I get so excited when someone here asks me to pray or lead a quick study.
Things here aren't that easy, but they aren't all that hard either, it just takes a lot of being quite, paying attention, and focus on the task at hand. When you think about it, its a lot like a Christian's own walk with God! Sometimes we need to be quiet, pay attention (listen), and focus on the prize/goal. And as I end this letter, it is my own prayer that you would be still, listen for/to God, and focus on the prize (His promise) at the end. That you would live for Him with EVERYTHING you have and EVERYTHING you are. I love and miss you all (even you too leaders, Pastor Brett, and Jared) and I am waiting on letters from you all (ONLY letters). Stay strong in our Lord and let Him use each of you for His glory!

In Christ,
Brandon Sweeney

Mailing Address:
PFC Sweeney
C. Co, 1-46 IN 4th PLT
3576 Wilson Road
Fort Knox, KY. 40121-5728

1 comment:

Brian Doyle said...

I think it's so awesome that Brandon is using every opportunity to get in touch with people for Christ. We should all try and follow his example and use our lives, actions, and words to reflect Christ living in us!