Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In peace with your crush


So this last thursday at IGNITE we talked about just being in a divine romace with God. letting your heart just trust in Him, being excited about just being in His presence, always wanting to talk to Him like He is your crush. What an amazing night seeing you all come up and pray that prayer. What an amazing generation that has chosen to fall deeply in love with God.

Today I had so much going on, planning for the Mojave trip (which is going to be awesome), planning the Tuesday night IGNITE high school, making sure everything is in order for the things we are doing for the summer, needless to say I was stressed out, and i totally forgot to do my time with God, I like all of us forgot that He is my crush, the one i should seek after daily. like I said Thursday i have been reading through Psalms and Proverbs and just journaling the journey that God is taking me through.

So I turned off my computer, sat back in my chair at my desk, took out my iPod and put on some worship music, and then I read this amazing verse in Psalms.
Psalms 4: 2-5 "How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? Know that the Lord has set apart the goldy for himself; the Lord will hear when I call to him. In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord."

How amazing is that love letter, and right when i read that, i felt this great peace come upon me and i felt so comfortable, i closed my eyes, listened to worship music and got lost in the love of God. what a beautiful and amazing moment.

I want you to focus on what David wrote when he said "when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent, offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord" So today and tonight i want to challenge you to do something, go in your room, lay on the bed or get in a comfortable chair. take out your bible, turn on your iPod and listen to christian worship, read some scripture, and then just rest there, ask God to meet you their, and just be in peace... let your heart feel love from Him, what an amazing God we serve, just spend time with Him, remember He is calling us to a divine romance.. and what a romance it is.

Brett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well,i think that verse is completely awesome. i mean ...yes brett what you said tonight was amazing it really made me think of how close i need to be with god so i could be in peace,love,safety etc. so tonight brett i will get my chair,sit down, and read my bible and pray to god to hear me and take me so i could be close to him and be in peace.i am usually a pessimist but i will be optimistic that i will find god and love him with all my heart. oh and bythe way pastor brett it's me hector.

Pastor Brett said...

Hector you are the man!!! make sure you talk to your parents, and let God meet you where you are, it may not feel like it right away but time after time if you keep doing it, He will fill your heart and be in your presence

Brett